top of page
The Cache River Wetlands are surrounded by a number of other scenic, recreational and historical attractions.
- The Shawnee National Forest offers more than 280,000 acres of scenic beauty and recreation opportunities.
- The Tunnel Hill State Trail, a 45-mile bicycle and hiking trail running between Harrisburg and Karnak, passes through five miles of the Cache River State Natural Area.
- The Trail of Tears National Historic Route runs along Highway 146, just north of the Cache River Wetlands.
- The Great River Road National Scenic Byway is located along Highway 3 to the west.
- The Ohio River Scenic Byway follows Highway 37 and Highway 2 to the east.
bottom of page